Celebrate autumn with a photography workshop on September 28 in the Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens led by instructors from Henry’s in Halifax. There is no better place to hone your nature photography and composition skills than our very own “Seventeen Acres of Paradise”
A great opportunity for any skill level and any camera type: from smartphone users to advanced enthusiasts. Any camera has the ability to compose, and we will discuss features that almost every camera has. There will be both classroom time and time on site in the Gardens (weather permitting).
Topics will include:
• Basic rules of composition (and when to break them).
• How composition can affect exposure and how to correct
• Composition for print vs. composition for digital display
• composition of still subjects (ie. flowers)
• composition of environmental portrait (to highlight both the person and the environment)
• composition of landscapes
• using patterns, texture, symmetry, curves and other natural elements
Instructors will also be available for some one-on-one mentoring as you hone your skills on site in the Gardens, and will bring along various products and demo gear as well.
Price: $85 including tax (includes instruction, a full day in the Gardens, coffee/tea break)
Register Online or by calling 902-532-7018. The first 10 registrants will get a gift card for Henry’s purchases.